[Clayart] wiggly wire

Paul Gerhold gerholdclay at gmail.com
Fri Jul 15 15:35:01 EDT 2016

Vince,
It is interesting that you single out tribal or third world culture when you say things like "when I refer to the misappropriation of cultural imagery/ iconography , I am talking about irresponsibly copying stuff that is the original creation of a tribal or third world culture with no real understanding"  This strikes me personally as somewhat patronizing as if for some reason their imagery need more protection than first world imagery which can also be  appropriated in a trivial way without any real understanding.

Perhaps I am reading you statement incorrectly but copying any cultural/ religious symbolism without understanding is the same whether the symbol is first world, third world, tribal, or religious.

Paul

Sent from my iPad