[Clayart] IDEAS FOR NAMES , CONCEPT to fund Womens breast cancer costs.
dorothyp at whidbey.com
Sat Jul 16 19:25:18 EDT 2016
1. Only women?
2. Men get breast cancer also.
3. Only breast cancer?
4. Increasing evidence that most, if not all, cancers are environmentally induced.
The only reason the surgeon and I could come up with for mine was living 15 years in an area with uranium mines; an area with one of the highest rates of cancer in Canada.
My focus tends to be: clean the environment and stop throwing money away on "cancer research"; prevention is far preferable, cheaper and less stressful.
5. Even the Cancer Society now recognizes marijuana as a major cure for cancer.
Until big pharma and /or the govts get a hold on it, it should be reasonably priced as well as efficacious.
6. Can we really come up with an "established charity" that does not spend most of its money on PR and the CEO's "salary"?
7. If there are potters who are all for this, go for it.
On Jul 16, 2016, at 4:58 PM, Roxanne Hunnicutt via Clayart wrote:
> i think we should start a pottery-based charity to help women deal with
> their need for medication, doctoring, surgery, counseling, and mastectomy.
> The funds could be funneled through another established charity.
> Ideas for names, concepts?
> How would it work!? Could we sell on Etsy? Would the clay object be
> .....standard? CUPS FOR BREAST CANCER? Or a plate for women's health?
> Rox in Oregon
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Clayart