[Clayart] pot shattering during bisque

MGordon clayart at earthlink.net
Mon Jul 18 14:04:51 EDT 2016

An unknown trapped air bubble might not cause the whole pot to shatter
just pop a chunk out of the wall. More likely too much moisture in the
pot. I always put my kiln on pilot over night but it's gas, & I thought
you said you are firing in an electric kiln. In that case I always hold
a mirror up to the top peep hole & if any moisture fogs the mirror I
let it go another hour & check it again before turning the kiln up.
Mike Gordon

  PS didn't you say you are using porcelain? A lot tighter clay body
than brick clay.