[Clayart] dry pots and bisque

Kenneth Chase kchase235 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 20 18:52:02 EDT 2016

Thanks Mel:
I’m actually glad that pot blew up. Received some great information because of it.
Please explain the following……

> as i have said 821 times...if you pre fire to 1000F you have lost all the insulating property of the kiln walls.
> they are thin.  taking it to 400 or so warms the pots and shelves and cracking or blowing up are avoided.

I’m not sure I understand. My glaze firing came out well. I did let the glaze dry at least 24 Hours. One mistake I make
was not noting which clay I used on each piece so can’t identify the one that was quite bad. I won’t make that mistake again.

Appreciate all the tutoring.

Best,
Ken