[Clayart] Hydrometers - help

David McBeth dmcbethme at gmail.com
Mon Jul 25 20:41:59 EDT 2016

Dan - the specific gravity of 100 grams of water is 100. Get a clear plastic cup, place it on your digital scale, add water to the weight of 100 grams. Make a careful mark on the outside of the plastic cup at the water level. Pour out the water. Mix your glaze. Let's say the glaze needs a specific gravity of 150. Pour your glaze in to the cup while it is on the scale. If the volume if glaze as you reach that water level line is 150, you've done it.  If that volume of glaze is more than 150, add water to thin the glaze. If it weighs less than 150 g, then the glaze is too thin.

Good luck
David

Sent from my iPhone