[Clayart] DC power

MGordon clayart at earthlink.net
Tue Jul 26 13:52:32 EDT 2016

Robert, Most of them were home made a few were store bought. NO treadle
wheels. The seats only had one height but they slid forward & backward
to accommodate long or short legs. My good friend who was 5'4" didn't
have any problem reaching the wheel. Some of the wheels were cement
others were cast iron or steel. A funny story about kick wheels, when I
was teaching high school I had a short Japanese boy who made the
mistake of standing up with his foot on the still spinning wheel, it
spun his leg out the front & he caught himself at the table level
before any damage was done. Mike Gordon