[Clayart] glaze groups

David Woof woofpots at hotmail.com
Thu Jul 28 19:58:19 EDT 2016

No simpler explanation for the "just Ok" glazed pots out there.........

Of course, some folks are doing their best with what they have access to...Or and some dear folks are unable to see themselves beyond that first ready solution.
On the other side, some folks are willing to dig deeper in sacrificing one thing or ideal to get another; and so are dragging the potters wheel into the bath room and using the toilet stool for a seat while glazing in the kitchen and firing in a makeshift shack out back. Some seriously great pots have been given birth to in unusual and unlikely "studio" situations.

David
Mel said: it is like firing your pots at a community center and they have
 35 glaze buckets.  when the kiln is fired it has to be a generic
firing.  it is not perfect for any group of glazes, it is just sorta OK.