[Clayart] coleman firing

David Hendley david at farmpots.com
Fri Jul 29 11:22:20 EDT 2016

That photo of red pots in the kiln was staged. The give away?
The pots were stacked too close together, with no room between
the tops of the vases and the kiln shelves above.
If a 12" tall porcelain vase is fired to cone 10 it will shrink at
least 3/4 inch in height and there will be a generous open space
on all sides of the vase. If you look closely you will see that there
is simply not enough open space to account for shrinkage.
I'm not asserting that the pots were not fired in that kiln, who
knows, they probably were, but what you see is not a snap
shot of the view upon opening the kiln door after a firing.
In my humble but fact-based opinion,
David Hendley
david at farmpots.com
http://www.farmpots.com