[Clayart] orifices

Vince Pitelka vpitelka at dtccom.net
Thu Oct 6 20:18:35 EDT 2016

Hi Bill -
Natural gas and low-pressure propane are measured in WCI, and high-pressure propane is measured in PSI.  Our outdoor kilns (salt, soda, and a small gas downdraft test kiln) all have adjustable high-pressure propane regulators that read in PSI.  Our indoor downdraft and updraft gas kilns are all regulated down to 11 WCI and have WCI gauges between the valves and the orifices.
- Vince

Vince Pitelka
Appalachian Center for Craft
Tennessee Tech University