[Clayart] The "Throw it away" mentality.

Dan Saultman design at saultman.com
Sat Oct 8 08:58:06 EDT 2016

I once asked for advice on how to repair a crack in a valuable,
bisqued-state tea pot.
I got some good answers BUT I also got a couple of answers that said
"fixing cracks aren't worth it. Throw the pot away and start over".
Recently a fella asked about the best way to grind drips off the foot
of a pot. Somebody wrote, Don't do drips in the first place", throw it
away.
I repaired my tea pot (you couldn't even tell it had a surface crack).
And sold it.
The, "Don't bother, it is lost, throw it away" mentality does not
address the question that was asked, and is hardly the remedy for all
things pottery.
One of the best skills a potter can have is "recovering" from a mistake.

Dan

Dan Saultman

Fine-Art Pottery & Tile
ETSY Shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/DanSaultman