[Clayart] Final glaze question"promise"

Ken Chase kchase235 at gmail.com
Sat Oct 8 10:58:51 EDT 2016

I 'm aware most of my questions are naive and
Far below the standards of other posts I read.
I appreciate all the feed back I've received and
Need to ask one more question.
I'm finally getting the result I've been striving for
Getting two or three different commercial glazes
To flow together for a cascading effect.
Now I have to deal with glaze running down
Past the foot ring. A great solution was suggested that I make pedestals. I plan to do so.
I have been using catch plates and protecting
My shelves. I bought stilts a long time ago but
Never used them.
In obsessing over this glaze on the foot ring
Problem it occurred to me maybe I should use
Stilts between the catch plate and the pot.
Then if the glaze ran over the foot ring it wouldn't
Pool at the catch plate and allow me to
Grind the bottom.
Is this a good idea? Or, is there a down side
To using stilts?
Thanks for all the help
Best,
Ken