[Clayart] The "Throw it away" mentality.

David Woof woofpots at hotmail.com
Sat Oct 8 18:17:56 EDT 2016

Hi dan,

The historical potters values expressed behind as you say the "throw away mentality" is grossly mis-interpreted by you.

My interpretation based on your posts, past and present, indicate you are in an entirely different pottery camp like that camp over yonder across the lake, and I'm suspecting your approach to clay is as a Dilettante.

Nothing wrong with Dilettante in my esteem of fellow clay lovers quotient, I just thought that what i said might help break someone free......silly me, I should just keep my head down and mouth shut like a good tyrannosaur.

How many precious one of a kind pots have you produced, after hours of musings and design drawings for each piece. Not counting the hours spent fixing "mistakes".

David

P.S. how did that teapot you sold work out for you?    Haven't heard back yet that the boiling water expanded the patched crack and dumped its hot load into some trusting soul's lap, or into the face of a nursing baby and mommy's tender tissues?

***!!! Truly Ethical potters don't sell or gift "fixed" ware that could be used at the table.^&*(%$#@!