[Clayart] What is the difference between a potter and one who makes pottery?

Cyndy Littleton shorthill at gmail.com
Tue Oct 11 09:00:01 EDT 2016

I just participated in my first juried art show. It was a learning curve,
but also very enjoyable. On several different occasions I received almost
identical comments regarding how I was a potter unlike others at the show
who were making pottery. I didn't know if I was being insulted or
appreciated. I did sell well and enjoyed the interaction with people
immensely, but these comments hung on in the back of my mind throughout the
weekend.

 For those of you who have been at this for a while, can you offer some
words of wisdom??

Cyndy Littleton