[Clayart] Grinding wheel recommendation please/criticism of repairs/Ken

Vince Pitelka vpitelka at dtccom.net
Tue Oct 11 10:22:29 EDT 2016

Tommy Humphries wrote:
"Ken has stated on more than one occasion, that at his age, he will never be a "potter". That he will never produce work for sale. That at his age, he probably doesn't have the time to really get proficient in his work. Why, can't we just help him to find the maximum enjoyment in his hobby, without criticizing him for wanting to make the most from every pot he throws...cracks and all?"

Hi Tommy -
I am all for treating every person on Clayart like a serious, committed craftsperson.  I do not know Ken's age, but even if he is 70, he's still over twenty years younger than Fred Paget, and who knows what the future holds?  I believe in treating everyone the same and assuming that everyone is capable of whatever they set out to accomplish.  Also, when someone asks a question, those who respond are not just providing an answer for that individual.  They are providing information for everyone on Clayart.
- Vince

Vince Pitelka
Appalachian Center for Craft
Tennessee Tech University