[Clayart] Burned out element pins

Jim Brown jbrown1000 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 14 08:20:04 EDT 2016

"I was changing out some burned out elements in an electric kiln this week,
and noticed that pretty much every single element staple/pin has completely
disintegrated." - jon

I would guess that someone used just plain wire or low temp element wire
instead of higher temp wire.  I can't see why anyone would do such a thing
- certainly not those that sell these pins.  Also, don't see why anyone
would ever buy then as they are so easy - and cheap - to make.

*                       JIM BROWN*

*                 BROWN POTTERS*

*  "Making handmade pottery . . . *

*                                                . . . since the 1700's"  *
                   *   386 479-4515*
*            www.brownpotters.com <http://www.brownpotters.com>*