[Clayart] Bad pots

David Hendley david at farmpots.com
Sat Oct 15 00:29:23 EDT 2016

No one could ever do this now if they wanted to keep their job,
but my professor in graduate school would throw student's
bad pots into the reclaim barrel, with the entire class watching
and not a word being said. It was brutal, but the message
was clear.
If a pot was not awful, but really not good, it was not unusual
for a student to return the next day to find cigarette butts in
the pot. Yes, the professor smoked in the ceramics lab.
And yes, he did conduct real critiques, but if a pot was bad
enough it never made it to the critique!
David Hendley
david at farmpots.com
http://www.farmpots.com