[Clayart] bowls that match

Jeff Lawrence jefflawr at gmail.com
Sat Oct 15 12:57:26 EDT 2016

Hi,
Stimulated by the descriptions of repetitive throwing, I'd appreciate
hearing how others have solved my bowl challenges.
My rims and feet are pretty consistent and when viewed side-by-side, the
pieces look well matched, but the curve of the walls differs enough that
they nest unevenly. It doesn't help that I've just started throwing
porcelain which wants to flop after only three or four pulls.  Things got
better when I tried for all my height those pulls, then used ribs to shape
and dry the walls, but still aren't great.
Aside from going the jolly jigger route, what are some ways to whip my bowl
walls into better conformity? Contoured ribs/templates? Throw ten thousand
bowls, grasshopper?
Thanks,
Jeff