[Clayart] (no subject)

Jim Brown jbrown1000 at gmail.com
Sun Oct 16 10:49:32 EDT 2016

"FYI: I have fashioned my own pins from pieces of salvaged elements by
clamping one end into a stationary bench vise and using a propane torch to
incrementally heat and so soften sections of the element while exerting
enough tension to straighten the element coils, as they soften, into a more
or less straight "wire" and snipping off a piece adequate to form a staple
or pin. A bit of initial time expenditure to insure a lifetime of element
pins with no surprise failure." - David

David, why not just use new element wire - can bend them any way one wants
without all this heating stuff?

*                       JIM BROWN*

*                 BROWN POTTERS*

*  "Making handmade pottery . . . *

*                                                . . . since the 1700's"  *
                   *   386 479-4515*
*            www.brownpotters.com <http://www.brownpotters.com>*