[Clayart] traveling with pottery

Fredrick Paget fredrick at well.com
Sun Oct 16 17:02:47 EDT 2016

  On several trips to China and Japan I had a hard shell suitcase, I wrapped the pots in several layers of (small ⅜ size) bubble wrap. then each piece was wrapped in clear cling wrap and put in the suitcase with clothing and then checked at the airport. Nothing was ever broken.

  The cling wrap is sold at Staples and comes on a core with a handle so it can be pulled over the wrapped object with a stretching action. It sticks only to its self (not too much). Makes a nice tight bundle of the pot and is easy to get off.

  Once when we were in Portugal I bought a carton of bisque Azulejos (tiles) about a foot long and had it in the suit case. We flew to Paris to get the plane to USA and they thought it was very suspect and paged me to come to baggage and open the suitcase. Then no problem.

 Fred
 Twin Dragon Studio
.