[Clayart] Visiting Potters

Porcelain byAntoinette porcelainbyantoinette at gmail.com
Tue Oct 18 11:23:11 EDT 2016

David I think it is a 2-way street; very fine balance. I think the artist
must be approachable ( people pay an arm and a leg to see some), but also
 protected from students taking them over and get too close into their
space.

Artists must on the other hand not act as-if the place belongs to them and
just trash it. I am always trying to keep my own work space clean and
organized and be respectful. Attendees and volunteers will notice that and
automatically jump in and help. People want to feel respected and
appreciated.

On the other hand I also saw lack of appreciation in the past; the attitude
of
we-pay-for-you-so-do-what-you-supposed-to-do-and-do-not-expect-anything-from-me.
Those were the times that I want to back off and just not do my best, but
you know what, those are the times that you should absolutely keep the pace
and do your best. Urn respect, not force it.
Antoinette Badenhorst
www.porcelainbyAntoinette.com
www.Teachinart.com

--