[Clayart] Clayart Digest, Vol 11, Issue 53

Jeff Lawrence jefflawr at gmail.com
Wed Oct 19 09:11:47 EDT 2016

Dale wrote:

> A pair of Didymium II lens safety glasses ... Clip on green IR
> can be clipped on over the Didymium glasses. These glasses are not cheap.
> When it comes to your eye protection, well nothing is too expensive.

Hi Dale,
I use shade 5 green welding glasses, though I think shade 3 would  work.
They're not as expensive as your rig though - $12 from Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/Jackson-3004761-Nemesis-Cutting-Glasses/dp/B001VXTC2W/ref=sr_1_12?s=hi&ie=UTF8&qid=1476881957&sr=1-12&keywords=welding+glasses

Only danger is they look almost too cool - they vanished with my son when
he went home after a visit.
But for the cost of a couple of a few cocktails, there's no excuse to put
eyes at risk.
I knew a welder who got macho about looking at the puddle without
protection. He could still get around with peripheral vision but the
central visual field got fried.
Jeff

--
Jeff Lawrence