[Clayart] a moderated list

Randall Moody randall.moody at gmail.com
Wed Oct 19 15:20:39 EDT 2016

Not a political post but hear me out. I think much of the "outrage"
concerning the idea of censorship comes from a fundamental misunderstanding
of the 1st Amendment. Yes, one has the right to say pretty much anything
one wants but that right doesn't mean that someone else has to provide one
the platform to say it. It also doesn't remove one from the consequences of
what is said.

That being said, I do think that we as a society have become far too easily
offended. I see so much faux outrage over inconsequential things on
Facebook that it makes me wonder if most of those people would have made it
across the country during the pioneer years.