[Clayart] Carpal tunnel

Jan Clauson janice.clauson at mchsi.com
Thu Oct 20 01:48:24 EDT 2016

On 10/18/2016 11:11 PM, Gina Mars wrote:
> Hi All, I was wondering if anyone had any advice on a possible carpal tunnel problem.
> I am aware I have it to some degree but didn't think it was that serious until recently.After scraping paint and wallpaper off a room for about four hours a month ago, I noticed my hands became hot and stiff in the joints of the figures, palms where they meet the fingers, wrists on the outside near the ball like bone and up to the elbow. The pain was bad enough where I needed a special anti inflammatory. Does anyone think this is all carpal tunnel, just overworked or something else?
> The meds were for a possible knee issue, not the hands but they work.
> Thanks
> Gina Mars
>
> Sent from my iPhone

Many years ago I, too, had carpal tunnel problems.  Mine was caused by
injury suffered when I got mad at my husband for not attending the the
calking in one of our bathrooms.  I could just smell the mold growing.
So, I chipped out the old grout and regrouted it.  The injury happened
when I chipped out the old grout.   I've had surgery on my right hand.
No trouble since. Left hand still kicks up now and again.  There is a
brace you can buy at just about any drug store that will relieve the
milder symptoms.  I've had two cortisone shots in the left hand, but
that was 15 years ago.  The brace I mentioned has a metal component that
holds the hand in a position that relieves the pressure on the carpal
tunnel.  I wear it on my left wrist when I sleep.  Good luck.  Hope you
can avoid the surgery.  It works, but its expensive.