[Clayart] Definitions for hollow objects.

Porcelain byAntoinette porcelainbyantoinette at gmail.com
Fri Oct 21 00:40:08 EDT 2016

Connie Christensen is with us in my studio this week to video tape her
online class about teapots, sugar bowl etc.

Our discussions lead to definitions about tea cups, tea bowls, chawan,
yunomi cups etc. I am curios about all these hollow objects. When is
something a cup and when is it a mug.

One of the funnies that I found online was that Wikipedia mentions the rim
of a plate a lip.
Let's see if we can get some of these nailed down..........maybe in
contexts with the culture from which it comes.

Antoinette Badenhorst

www.porcelainbyAntoinette.com

www.Teachinart.com