[Clayart] Best Soak Procedure for Cone 10 gas redux.

Hank Murrow hmurrow at efn.org
Sat Oct 22 10:28:44 EDT 2016

Dear Vince;

I began doing the soak in oxidation because my kiln is a fiber-lined kiln and probably cools faster than yours. That said, I think you may be surprised ho different the Shinos will look it you give them a soak in oxidation, meaning no visible back pressure anywhere and just enough gas to keep it at a constant temperature as indicated by your thermocouple. I was surprised that it would hold steady on just ⅓ pressure, but more surprised by how clean it had to be____ .06 on the OxyProbe

Cheers from Ogami, Hyogo, Japan; loading the anagama to light Wednesdy evening.