[Clayart] bad pots

mel jacobson melpots2 at visi.com
Mon Oct 24 13:03:08 EDT 2016

i had a system of selection with my students.
i would take their `donut`, heavy out of round pot
and show it to them.
`would you like to put your full name on the bottom of this
and make sure people two hundred years from now will get to
look at it`.  `but, it is my first pot!`...`so, want your
first grade math papers saved for posterity?`

i then added.  `when you get a decent, well made, lite
weight pot made, you will run to me with it smiling and
excited.  that is the pot we save.

it happened all the time, just like that.
save what you are proud of, get rid of your errors.

i bet the minnesota vikings will want the film of their game
yesterday burned.  as it should be.
mel
i have bought back paintings done in 1965.  burned them.