[Clayart] Throughing thinner?

ran mcc RANMCC at msn.com
Wed Oct 26 12:19:04 EDT 2016

I like to throw 12lb bowls that usually will reach to 18 to 19 inches.  Using Red Stone from Carolina Clay.  12lb bowls will fire out to about 7lbs with glaze.  I would like to get these bowls lighter in final weight.  I know I can make sure the bottom is minimum thickness,  I know I can trim as much as possible.  I just don't want to get warped bowls.  Are there some techniques you can share to get pieces as thin and light as possible without causing warping in the fire?  Suggestions on maybe a better clay that will hold up better to thin throwing without warping?  Any other suggestions?  Thanks for any help.

Randy