[Clayart] BAD POTS

Vince Pitelka vpitelka at dtccom.net
Wed Oct 26 18:18:25 EDT 2016

At the start of our Clay on the Wheel class, the students make 5" cylinders, cutting each one in half to evaluate it, and they have to keep doing that until they can show me six 5" cylinders (both halves) with even thickness across the bottom and up the walls.  A little later they do the same thing with 8" cylinders.
- Vince

Vince Pitelka
Appalachian Center for Craft
Tennessee Tech University