[Clayart] Bad pots

Vince Pitelka vpitelka at dtccom.net
Wed Oct 26 18:29:48 EDT 2016

Hi Randall -
Colleges and universities cannot and do not assert ownership over faculty artwork, just like they cannot and do not assert ownership over original musical compositions or scholarly books.  They get nothing out of it but the prestige for the institution and the department, and that is as all the payment they need.  I know it is very different in the sciences or engineering, where patents are involved.  You shouldn't confuse that with creative works in the arts and scholarship.
- Vince

Vince Pitelka
Appalachian Center for Craft
Tennessee Tech University