[Clayart] Throughing thinner?

Susie Hite hiteshome at bellsouth.net
Thu Oct 27 10:04:36 EDT 2016

I don't usually comment, but I understand the desire to throw thinner.  I love a lot of the Japanese pottery and it is usually thin.  I have unfortunately found that when I throw thin it almost always warps.I feel your pain. The few times I've been successful was when I was able to put a piece of news paper over the rim as soon as it was firm enough not deform the bowl, then when it was leather hard finish drying upside down.  Also bisque fire upside down.  There's no guarantee it won't warp in the glaze firing. =0(After all that it's still as Vince said very fragile.It's still fun to try every once in a while.
Good Luck!!!Susie