[Clayart] standing throwing

William Schran wschran at cox.net
Fri Oct 28 13:55:57 EDT 2016

I would recommend anybody with back problems that has issues sitting at
the potter¹s wheel to read John Glick¹s article published in Studio
Potter, 1987, ³To Sciatica and Back² Here¹s a page where you will find the
link to this article: http://plumtreepottery.com/articles/

I had several labor intensive jobs that often involved lifting weights
greater than 50 pounds during my younger life. In 2013 I had back surgery
and switched to a standing position at the wheel. I followed John¹s
article and built a back brace that has worked very well for me. I can
easily brace and stabilize myself for centering and throwing by simply
pushing back against the brace.

I have posted images of the back brace set-up on Facebook.

Bill

Bill Schran
www.creativecreekartisans.com
wschran at cox.net

On 10/28/16, 11:21 AM, "Clayart on behalf of mel jacobson"
<clayart-bounces at lists.clayartworld.com on behalf of melpots2 at visi.com>