[Clayart] Calcined Rutile

Robert Harris robertgharris at gmail.com
Sat Oct 29 11:22:14 EDT 2016

There is only one commonly used glaze material that is soluble and that is
soda ash. Everything else is insoluble, but fine enough to suspend well.
With rutile, calcining it to 08 does not sinter it into larger particles.
However I think MIcheal McDowell's hint to ball mill the glaze sounds like
something to experiment with.