[Clayart] Lightness

Douglas Fur 23drb50 at gmail.com
Sun Oct 30 22:45:54 EDT 2016

Robert
Interestingly that was Stanard's belief too.
He would go so far as throw a cylinder, invert it onto a clay pancake for a
new bottom, and then continue throwing using the thickness of the old lower
wall to gain more height and thinness.
With the demise of the pitcher and basin set I don't see a lot of call for
pitchers even though they are a paradigm of throwing.
I have, although, made a lot of coffee pots in the form of a lidded
pitcher. The coffee trend has shifted away from drip coffee to espresso so
that has changed.

Duff