[Clayart] Glazing the bottom of the pot

Robert Harris robertgharris at gmail.com
Wed Jan 4 11:33:14 EST 2017

Try these diamond pads

http://www.toolocity.com/diamond-hand-polishing-pads.aspx

No affiliation.

I've got 50, 200, 400, 800 and 1500 grit.

Depending on the initial roughness I start with 50 or 200 grit, and work my
way up. A quick 20-30 second polish (or less) with each one and by the time
you reach 800 (let alone 1500),  the foot ring is as smooth as many glazes
and feels amazing. I have one cup where I just keep running my finger
around the base it feels so good. Make sure you use them with water.

Robert

(If you've got a lot of pots, you can buy sets for an air driven angle
grinder (which you need to water lubricate somehow).