[Clayart] is your website stamped on your work?

David Hendley david at farmpots.com
Wed Jan 4 21:06:50 EST 2017

Owen, I am in no way disparaging your decision to stamp your website
on your pottery, but it's not for me.
For some reason, it reminds me of being in a public restroom and the
paper towel dispenser says "For reorders go to www.supertowel.com".
On handmade pottery, it is just too eager and commercial sounding,
like the pots are coming off a conveyor belt and going right into
shipping boxes.

I am a firm believer in adequately marking and identifying pottery. For
me, this means I legibly sign the bottom of a pot with a sharpened stick
and stamp the name and location of my shop into the clay.
When you are making a few dozen pieces, it takes a measurable amount
of time to sign all those pots, but I believe it emphasizes that the piece
was handmade and it truly adds value.
Anyone who wants to find me need only type my name or the name of
the shop into Google, Yahoo, or Bing, and my website will display at the
top of the results.

David Hendley
david at farmpots.com
http://www.farmpots.com