[Clayart] fiber paper

mou10ms mou10ms at frontier.net
Thu Jan 5 16:20:18 EST 2017

Fiber paper is paper infused with (something like) silica and possibly something else. When you fire, the paper burns off, leaving a thin sheet of silica (and ???).
I would think that a glazed ceramic piece would adhere to the silica (and ???). You'd have white powder embedded in your cooled glaze.
Just my guess.
Bonnie
Bonnie Hellman