[Clayart] Is your website stamped on your work?

joel ciulla joelciulla at gmail.com
Fri Jan 6 12:21:06 EST 2017

Hi Owen and everyone else,

This is 2017 and I believe Owen has the right idea.
A website is considered an address these days and, quite frankly,
shouldn't his "website" on the bottom be considered HIS "mark"?

If we want to get real silly about it,
maybe someone should post the rules that ALL potters must follow.

Such as:

Rule #1 :
Any marks on the bottom of an "artists" work will be made only with a stick
and
any other mark making device such as a rubber stamp, plaster mold, etc...
will be considered a violation with severe penalties.

Rule #2 :
If any artist makes a profit from their work, it will be considered a
violation with severe penalties.

etc...

My point is, why can't we just create whatever we want and respect what
others do?

Best regards,

Joel Ciulla

--