[Clayart] Is your website stamped on your work?

Owen Dearing owen at mugrevolution.com
Fri Jan 6 20:10:55 EST 2017

I went to bed last night fairly upset about some of the replies that had been posted to my seeming innocent tip of putting one’s website address on the bottom of one’s pottery. In fact, I hardly slept at all. When I got up this morning, I decided that I was not going to check on Clayart for a day or two, I figured that there was a chance that I would find that I had been roundly panned by everyone on the list and I just didn’t want to deal with that after a sleepless night. However, some things happened. First of all I had several messages in my inbox, off line direct emails from about a dozen of you who were so supportive. Nice way to start the day! Then Mel called me and asked had I looked at Clayart today? I said no, I was afraid to and he said you’d better get on there, this has gone viral and everyone is saying that you were right to say what you said.

So that was a few hours ago, and I’ve just checked. Wow! I’m humbled by all of your thoughtful replies and I thank each and every one of you for taking the time to share your thoughts. I am definitely buoyed by this and I plan to be much more active in participating here.

Many of you went on my website and now see what I am doing - it is possible to make a living at pottery, however it is extremely hard work. I have had a LOT of help along the way, from the local search engine optimization expert who taught classes at my local community college, turns out he is one of the top experts in the world, to the clay masters who I’ve met here on Clayart who have been so generous with their time and knowledge. It’s only fair that I give something back to help repay all those who have helped me become successful. So if I can be of any help at all don’t hesitate to get in touch.

Thank you all ever so much. Your messages have restored my faith in this community.

Have a great weekend everyone!

Owen

PS Deb look, I put my web address in!!!

Owen Dearing, potter