[Clayart] My experience being a presenter at nceca

Owen Dearing owen at mugrevolution.com
Mon Jan 9 13:59:42 EST 2017

>  Owen, how about a informal workshop in the Clayart room at NCECA one
> afternoon about your experiences and knowledge about how to move yourself
> up the list for the search engines.  that knowledge could be very helpful
> to those of us who would like their websites to be more productive for
> them.  I am sure such a presentation would be standing room only. (and more
> interesting then some of the official ones I can help organize it if you
> like.  thanks.
>
> --
> Gregg Lindsley
> Earth and Fire Pottery

Hi Gregg

I would be absolutely honored to share some of what I have learned about running a succesful online pottery business. But I don’t think it will be at nceca, even if it was an informal session in the clayart room. I just can’t go to nceca after my rather sad experience that happened just before the conference last year in Kansas City. I hope in time that nceca will reach out to me and make me feel that I am welcomed back. Chances of that happening might be slim to none, however…and I hate that I have come to that conclusion.

I think the time is right for my story to come out to the clay community, so yesterday I spent a considerable amount of time making a video blog to share my experiences. You can find the video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pu76VajWnOo <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pu76VajWnOo>

It’s 45 minutes long but I think it goes by fairly quickly. If anyone on the list knows anyone at nceca I would dearly love to get some answers to the questions that I pose in the video. I think nceca is heading for real trouble if they treat others like they treated me. Maybe they have been heading for real trouble all along, it’s not for me to say. As I hope I make clear in the video, I want to help them right the ship if there’s any way that I can.

nceca, this is Oregon…anyone there?

Owen Dearing, potter
Bend, Oregon
mugrevolution.com