[Clayart] marketing

Girrell, Bruce bigirrell at microlinetc.com
Tue Jan 10 11:01:51 EST 2017

Paul Gerhold wrote:
...the better solution would be a removable seal that would prevent accidental spillage but also allow the lid to be removed without having to break the urn.

Sounds like the hot melt glue solution mentioned in another post addresses that very well. When done with a little care (which would involve heating the urn and lid so the hot melt glue would flow well), I would think that the join would be practically invisible, yet hermetic and very strong. Still, with just a bit of heating, the lid could easily be removed.

I would like to see if I could get about a gram of my ashes launched into space. Aim it toward the Earth so as not to become space debris. The ashes might (should) make little shooting stars in the night sky as they re-entered the Earth's atmosphere at 17,000 mph. Launch costs are currently running about $5000 per kilogram, meaning that a gram would cost only about 5 bucks plus, of course, the cost for launching its container and a couple minutes of time from an astronaut. If perchance the service became popular, it would be easy to automate the ejection of the remains (so that relatives would know when to watch) and provide another source of revenue (OK, a minor source of revenue) for the space program.

Bruce "Mr. Parenthetic Comment" Girrell