[Clayart] WWW on pottery - what bothers me

Lis Allison studio at pine-ridge.ca
Fri Jan 13 08:42:38 EST 2017

On 1/12/2017 10:49 PM, KATHI LESUEUR wrote:
>> .....Assuming one can even make out the signature.    I'm sure I've picked up

Maybe my putting my studio name on my pots isn't so dumb after all! It's
very legible, and anyone doing an online search on the studio name finds
me right away. I just had someone bring me a teapot to get some mugs to
go with it and neither of us could read the potter's name on the bottom
of the pot. Since I have never seen work like that before, we can only
assume the potter wasn't local.

Lots of people have told me to put the date on my pots. I don't because
the one time I tried it nobody bought pots from the previous year, they
all figured if it hadn't sold last year, it must be no good. And as to
putting the location, unless you are making tourist stuff, why?

Lis

--
Elisabeth Allison
www.pine-ridge.ca