[Clayart] stay-at-home-cup-exchange

bill geisinger billgeisinger at gmail.com
Fri Jan 13 12:51:48 EST 2017

ANNOUNCEMENT: Stay-at-home-cup-exchange

If you are going to Portland Oregon for NCECA in March read no further.

For those of you who are new to Clayart, this exchange has taken place for
several years now, during NCECA. The stay-at-home exchange offers those not
going to NCECA a chance to exchange a mug with another person who's staying
at home.

If NCECA 2017 is not in your plans, please read the rules below. We’d love
to have you in the exchange! You have from now until March 22nd to deliver
that terrific piece, which will no doubt soothe your lucky exchange
partner’s disappointment over not being able to go to NCECA.

DATES:

Sign-up period--now through February 28th, 2017. Cups exchanged with
partners: by March 22nd 2017

RULES:

1. This exchange is only for those Clayart members who are not attending
NCECA 2017. Those who do attend NCECA will have plenty of fun at the
conference.

2. While the exchange has at times been called a cup exchange, if you’re
not into cups, feel free to exchange some other small clay object that
you’ve made--vase, tile, sculpture, etc.

3. All Clayart members who aren’t going to NCECA 2017 are encouraged to
participate. This means you, no matter what your level of expertise or
preferred method of working in clay! The exchange is about making fun
connections with other members of this community.

4. All who sign up are expected to deliver on time. If you can’t deliver a
finished piece by March 22, 2017 (when NCECA starts), don’t sign up. The
point is to parallel the stay-at-home exchange with what’s going on at
NCECA. Please keep in mind and accept that your exchange partner may be of
a different skill level than you.

HERE’S HOW TO PARTICIPATE:

1. Send an email containing the following info to me at
billgeisinger at gmail.com Do NOT simply reply to this message because the
reply will go to the Clayart list. I will respond to your email so that you
know it's been received. Please do give me a day or two in case I'm out of
town.

Name-

Email-

Street Address-

City-

State/Country-

Zip code-

Are you willing to ship to an international partner? Yes or No

Please send a complete postal address, the address to which your exchange
partner can send your package. If you are not willing to ship
internationally, I will pair you with a same-country exchange partner,
unless you're the only participant from your country.

2. Make your cup, and ship it to arrive no later than March 22, 2017 when
NCECA starts.

3. By March 5, I will have made the matches by some random method, and will
send each participant an email with the name and address of the person to
whom they will send a cup. You and your partner can then exchange cups
directly with each other.

The only exceptions to the random match will be to try to honor requests
from those who do not want to ship internationally. If possible, I'll also
try to avoid matching you with the same partner you had last year or the
year before. If I mess up here, just let me know.

4. As soon as you receive the name and address of your partner, email your
partner to confirm their email address and their shipping address. Do NOT
send your cup until you have received a response! Sometimes participants
encounter unanticipated problems, move, or change their email address
between the time they sign up and the exchange time. Then get that clay
object shipped. The idea is for your partner (and you!) to receive your
exchange objects during NCECA so no one feels left out.

Bill Geisinger

Sebastopol, CA