[Clayart] WWW on pottery - what bothers me

David Woof woofpots at hotmail.com
Sat Jan 14 12:51:56 EST 2017

Vince said: " I am not sure why this really matters, because most of that work will just get sent off to friends and family.">

 That's the work (to family and friends) that comes back to haunt us, or drive the critics crazy trying to pigeon hole us and our work after we become famous, dead, or both.   If we are on that path it's good to throw them a "ringer" as controversy/mystery drives publicity, interest, and $$$$.

It is really a freeing of our creative spirit to discard work that is good, but does not quite represent us at our best at that past time, or now.  Gets that "old stuff" out of the way so the new ideas can flourish and bloom.

David