[Clayart] Red Copper Ox

William Schran wschran at cox.net
Fri Jan 27 17:59:55 EST 2017

 You know from your reading on DigitalFire that red copper oxide is a
reduced form of black copper, is stronger that black copper and has been
coated to keep it from oxidizing. It¹s the coating that prevents it from
mixing with water very well. I use it with crystalline glazes and since I
mix my glazes with a gum solution, the red copper seems to mix in well. I
have also used a few drops of liquid dishwashing soap to get the copper to
blend in the glaze.
If too frustrating for you, you are very welcome to send it to meŠ.

Bill

Bill Schran
www.creativecreekartisans.com
wschran at cox.net