[Clayart] Moisture meters

Deborah Thuman debthuman at zianet.com
Sun Jan 29 00:45:00 EST 2017

I have an Olympic gas kiln. It’s round, and there’s a hole in the lid. There’s also a tile for over the hole, but that comes later. If I’m not sure how dry my pieces are, I turn the gas on very low, close the lid (remember, I’ve got a good sized hole in the lid so moisture isn’t going to get trapped) and check about every half hour. When I no longer see steam coming out of the kiln, it’s time to start raising the gas. I live in a desert, and I still get steam most of the time when I fire.

Deb Thuman
debthuman at zianet.com <mailto:debthuman at zianet.com>
https://debthumanblog.wordpress.com <https://debthumanblog.wordpress.com/>

The American Constitution was not written to protect criminals; it was written to protect the government from becoming criminals. <http://www.azquotes.com/quote/938706>