[Clayart] Kiln Chimney extension of Metal

Helen Stone helenestonepeony at gmail.com
Tue Jul 4 10:58:34 EDT 2017

Hi folks, on my new soda kiln the chimney is made of dense firebrick up to
above the firebox, then made of IFB up to the arch.  Above the arch |I
would like to use either a metal piece or use regular house building red
bricks.   If I use the metal extension, do I have to line it with
insulating material?  For me it is not a viable option as only ceramic
fibre would be available here in Ecuador.  Any advice would be appreciated.\

Helen at Rio Yambala, southern Ecuador