[Clayart] Kiln Chimney extension of Metal

Vince Pitelka vpitelka at dtccom.net
Tue Jul 4 21:09:59 EDT 2017

Hi Helen -
Above the top of the kiln on both our salt and soda kiln we use ordinary galvanized steel corrugated culvert pipe for the chimney extension.  We probably get six or eight years out of a piece of pipe on the salt kiln, and ten or more on the soda kiln.
- Vince

Vince Pitelka
Appalachian Center for Craft
Tennessee Tech University