[Clayart] violet

Snail Scott claywork at flying-snail.com
Tue Jul 11 19:03:28 EDT 2017

> On Jul 11, 2017, at 6:04 AM, mel jacobson <melpots2 at visi.com> wrote:
> we who were raised on semi matt tan, oatmeal
> and the concept of hand made dishes with `earth tones`
> have to be careful when dealing with modern color…

Yeah, you old farts…born back when the world was black-and-white.
We know, because we’ve seen old TV shows…no color anywhere
until the ’60’s, then everyone lost their minds.   Be careful you don’t
sprain your brain!

Seriously…the first time I met John Gill, he said to me, I can tell you’re
from New Mexico: all your work is brown. (??) I said I’d been considering
using more color, and he said "Like the Fauves!”  I said, “Uuhhmmm…
maybe not…"

            -Snail