[Clayart] Wollastonite/hardening clay bodies

David Woof woofpots at hotmail.com
Sat Jul 22 00:25:05 EDT 2017

Hi Snail,

What I've always liked about you, you are knowledgeable, open, curious to know, to see beyond the current established "authority". Solid!!!!

See June/July/August 1986  Ceramics Monthly Page 40 "Large Scale Flexible Ceramics"

"As flexible as dense fiberglass, a slab that can be hit repeatedly with a sledge hammer without breaking" (Imagine a dinner plate bouncing off a tile floor)   Corning Corelle Ware already does, but lacks the hand thrown mystique.

50 Wollastonite,  40 Ball,  10 Talc     I preferentially sub Helmer for the Ball clay.  Throws surprising well, great sculpture Body!!!!  Fire to cone 3

I'm currently testing for cone 6 with glazes.  Have not tested absorption percentages yet.

Misneach,
David Woof........I can imagine someone taking this and running, publishing for credit bla bla, but this is not what i have ever been about, so love to see, love to live to see it happen.