[Clayart] Rent Collection Courtyard

Snail Scott claywork at flying-snail.com
Tue Jul 25 11:22:05 EDT 2017

On Jul 24, 2017, at 1:54 PM, M Gordon <clayart at earthlink.net> wrote:
> ...shows that they were cast into bronze...

I mis-spoke badly, as Mike noted!  (Mea culpa…) The original _patterns_ for the work
were executed in clay, and used to make the molds for casting in bronze. The bronze
versions are the true ‘original’ works of art here, not the clay. The clay patterns were
merely an intermediate step within the larger process, like the silkscreen for a print.
They were never intended as finished artworks, and it is unlikely that they were kept.
Especially with larger works, the patterns tend to be badly damaged in the mold-making
process, and are considered to be expendable form the outset.

The _bronze_ originals are still in their original setting, at least as of 1999.

             -Snail